May 3, 2010

Mama's Royal Cafe

I'm hardly ever willing to walk 8 miles for breakfast. The only reason I did such a crazy thing was because of the destination, Mama's Royal Cafe (check it out). Buses and bicycles would have made it an easier voyage, but walking there wasn't so bad. College Avenue is pretty flat and the weather was accommodating.


I would go to Mama's all the time if I could. Everything tastes good and there's plenty to look at. The wooden booths are completely covered in the kind of graffiti that happens when the wood finish is a little too thick and easy to scratch off. There are pin up girls on the walls and old radios lining the ceiling. I was lusting after one of their coffee cups, mostly because of the cool logo printed onto the front.


I decided to have an omelette with avocado and feta cheese. They give you some homemade salsa no matter what you order, which is seriously THE BEST. It's almost worth it to go there and just eat the salsa. My only complaint about the place is that their prices aren't really college kid friendly. I'll just have to take my parents there.


No comments:

Post a Comment